Our Approach to Fact-Checking and the Stories We Cover
At ICE SPORTS N.V, our dedicated Fact Check team is committed to identifying and debunking false information and ensuring accuracy in the news and social media landscape. We actively seek out various types of posts that contain misleading or incorrect information, including:
1. Verifying claims made by politicians and individuals in important government positions in India.
2. Investigating information shared for or against political parties/leaders that appears to be untrue.
3. Assessing posts from Facebook pages and Twitter handles that spread hatred using fake information.
4. Reviewing messages sent by our readers who raise concerns about suspicious content.
5. Investigating scams, rumours, and misinformation that could potentially cause fear or panic among people.
6. Fact-checking health-related information and claims related to business and the economy.
Sources of News and Information
Our Fact Check team employs a wide range of sources to gather news and information, including:
1. Social media platforms: We actively monitor WhatsApp forwards, profiles of trolls, politicians, and trending hashtags on platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
2. Mainstream media: We analyse print and audio-visual media sources to stay informed about the latest news and developments.
3. Online tools and resources: We utilize tools such as Google and Yandex Reverse Image Search, InVid Fake News Debunker, and Photograph Exif Tools to verify the authenticity of posts and images.
Engaging Our Community and Verifying Information
We encourage our community members to participate in the fact-checking process. If readers come across suspicious content, they can contact us at [EMAIL OR PHONE NUMBER] to request verification.
Our fact-checking process includes:
1. Utilizing search filters: We employ various search filters to investigate the origin of posts and messages circulating on the internet.
2. Contacting relevant individuals: We reach out to people who may have links to a particular event or topic, from ordinary individuals to authoritative figures. We also consult experts in relevant fields to validate claims, such as consulting doctors for health-related fact checks.
3. Using multiple tools: We rely on a combination of online tools and resources to thoroughly analyse and verify information.
4. Providing comprehensive explanations: Our fact-check stories include a clear description of the current situation that led to the spread of fake news, an analysis of the claims made, details about the sources of the fake news, engagement statistics from social media platforms, and insights from prominent personalities who shared the stories.
5. Presenting original content: We compare the viral post with the original content to highlight any discrepancies.
6. Incorporating expert opinions: We include expert opinions and comments from relevant individuals, such as those directly involved or authoritative figures, depending on the nature of the story.
7. Drawing conclusive insights: Our fact-check stories conclude by providing readers with a better understanding of the circumstances surrounding the dissemination of misleading posts and the motivations behind them, empowering them to identify and avoid falling for similar misinformation.
Post-Publication Updates and Sourcing of Information
In the event of any developments or changes related to a fact-checked story, our team ensures timely updates with relevant information, including previous claims. In cases where errors occur, we take responsibility and issue apologies if necessary.
When sourcing information, we use credible and reliable sources such as respected media outlets, government websites, and surveys conducted by reputable agencies, and seek input from experts in their respective fields.
By following these rigorous fact-checking methodologies, we strive to provide accurate information, combat misinformation, and promote informed decision-making among our readers.